Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday Madness!

I was so bummed to see there were only 2 deals at CVS this week, both for things I do not want to buy. SO, my Monday Madness is to do something really crazy and frugal--- STAY HOME and COOK FROM SCRATCH!!!!!
Today I have been cutting up apples to make applesauce and I now have some in the crock pot cooking. I had to take a break from cutting them up because my hands were getting pruney. Last night I remembered I wanted to make hummus today, so I soaked my garbanzo beans, yep, you heard that right, I soaked them, as in, they were dry beans. Today I cooked those and whipped up some hummus in the food processor. My whole pita chips are currently in the oven. Also, I soaked some alfalfa seeds overnight, and those are resting in a large mouth mason jar and will hopefully yield some nice sprouts to eat later in the week.
I felt like I was getting nothing accomplished today, but now that I have written this, I am feeling a lot better and we will have some frugal wholesome food to eat!

1 comment:

Karmy said...

YES IT IS FRUGAL TO STAY HOME AND MAKE FOOD FROM SCRATCH WITH GAS SO HIGH !!!! MY DOG SITTER(BOY NEXT DOOR) WENT TO A PICK YOUR OWN APPLE ORCHARD AND WANTED TO PICK SOME FOR ME I GAVE HIM A TEN SPOT EXPECTED HIM TO PICK LIKE MAYBE 5 LBS HE PICKED 16LBS BUT THEY WERE ONLY 45CENTS PER LB!!! SO DIGGING OUT MY RECIPE FOR STRWBERRY APPLESAUCE!~!!