Tuesday, September 30, 2008

sprouts and hummus

The sprouts are sprouting and I was going to post pics but my camera got dropped yesterday while the lens was out so it no longer works :-( I am so sad about it! I doubt getting it repaired will be any cheaper than getting a new camera. I guess I must be on a quest to find a new camera.
The hummus and applesauce came out so yummy though! The only thing was that the applesauce turned brown, even though I added lemon juice. So, I just added cinnamon to it plus some brown sugar- the lemon juice made it a little tart. Will decide later today whether I am canning or freezing it. The hummus was delicious.

Here is my hummus recipe:
2 cups cooked garbanzo beans, reserve liquid
3 T tahini
2 T lemon juice
1 T EEOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced (1 if you don't love garlic, 2 if you do!)
Bragg's liquid aminos to taste (you can use salt, soy sauce or tamari if you prefer)

Puree all in handy dandy food processor, adding some of the bean liquid if needed, till smooth.
I usually buy some whole wheat pitas, cut them up and bake them till crisp for dipping. I also like to dip mini carrots or celery sticks.
So easy, yummy, and healthy!

No comments: