Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Homemade Goodies!

I finally took some photos of some of my homemade goodies!
I made this acorn squash for lunch.
It tasted a lot better than it looks in this photo.
I cut the squash in half and microwaved it for about 20 min (which was too long) I diced half an onion and sauteed it in olive oil, then added the cooked squash. I sprinkled it with seasoned salt, pepper, and ground coriander. Yummy!

Last night I made the goodies for the football banquet today. Luckily, we fell into the dessert category, so I made Karm's Magic Cupcakes:

Magic cupcakes: One box devil's food or dark chocolate cake mix made according to box instructions;
Magic center:: mix : 8oz cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 1 cup chocolate chips with mixer for 1 minute. Fill each paper lined cupcake pan 1/2 full with cake batter. Then drop a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into each. Bake according to package instructions. :: Do not put icing on these.
AND these yummy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies:
I used this recipe:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/Detail.aspx The only changes I made to this recipe were to add 1 tsp. salt and I changed the sugar ratios to 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar because I like the way brown sugar compliments pumpkin. These are very soft and yummy!

I am in the baking mood now and will be experimenting with making a pound cake later this week.

4 comments:

Glennis said...

Those magic cup cakes look very nice, is there a marshmellow in the centre? The squash doesn't look much but it would taste good and is very healthy. have never heard of pumpkin in cho chip biccies butmaybe it is nice too.
I used to do lots of baking while my daughter was young, but don't any more.

Lora said...

Thanks Glennis! I added the recipes today, if you try them I hope you'll let me know how it came out for you. The pumpkin in the chocolate chip cookies is subtle but it is a good combo. Karm's magic cupcakes are always a big hit! They are almost addictive!

Karmy said...

OKAY FIGURES OUT MY LOG IN THING
YA GOT ME IN A BAKING MOOD GIRL!!!

WENT TO SAMARITANS TO WORK IN THE FOOD PANTRY THEY WERE SWAMPED WELL SOMEONE LAST WK CAME IN AND TOOK ALL THE HUNDREDS OF COUPS SO I AM OUT A LUCK I HAVE VERY FEW BOO HOO

LACEY CAME BY TO RQST I SHOW HER HOW TO MAKE THE TRIPLE CIN APPLE PIE THAT I AM FAMOUS FOR AND YOU KNOW I GOT THE BASE OF THAT FROM YOU AND JUST ADDED TO IT!!! NOW HERE IS a QUESTION SOMETIMES MY CRUMPLE TOP IS NOT CRUMBLY AND IT COMES OUT SOGGY OR AFTER A COUPLE HOURS IT SOGS UP WHAT IS THE CAUSE???

Lora said...

Oh yeah! Get that oven fired up! Everyone always looks forward to your homemade goodies!! On the pie, my guess would be either it is soaking up liquid from your pie if it is juicy, or it is coming from the humidity in the air. Like I said, that it is a guess!