Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello 2016

Hello 2016! And hello to whomever is reading this!
I have not posted anything in SO very long. I honestly did not believe that I could write anything that someone would want to read and I quit. I am going to start anew. I will write now about how I live frugally.
I grew up lower middle class. We were poor. My Mom stayed home and my Dad worked in a factory. He got laid off regularly. My parents and grandparents grew a garden and canned food. My Dad hunted to help put food on the table. Fast forward a few years...My parents divorced. That was a financial strain. Looking at it with adult eyes, I can only imagine how difficult both emotionally and financially that was for my parents.
Early in my own marriage, we did not have much in the finance department. I was a stay at home mom and my husband supported us on his teacher salary. We were pinching some serious pennies. We are better off today than we were then, but we're not wealthy by any stretch of my imagination. I am truly thankful that I learned how to make things and be frugal in my younger years. I admit I still have a lot to learn.
I welcome you to join me on this journey as I share what I already know and what I learn along the way!

No comments: